Creative Arts Therapies Week
Join the celebration! March 12th -18th, is Creative Arts Therapies Week. National Coalition of Creative Arts Therapies Associations (NCCATA), provides information about creative arts therapists, human services professionals, and the variety of ways they use targeted art-based directives to guide individuals or facilitate groups.
Through discovering the power of the creative process, a person can improve their mind and body. Examples of treatment outcomes include improving physical and cognitive functioning, communication, self-expression, and improved social functioning.
To learn more about the specialized areas visit the NCCATA member associations:
- Art therapists – American Art Therapy Association
- Music therapists – American Music Therapy Association
- Drama therapists – Northern American Drama Therapy Association
- Poetry therapists – National Association for Poetry Therapy
- Dance/Movement therapists – American Dance Therapy Association
- Psychodrama – American Society of Group Psychotherapy and Psychodrama